3D Printed, 6-Axis Robotic Arm

Ask questions about the 3D Printed, 6-Axis Robotic Arm project here!

Hello there.

I am embarking on a build of this robotic arm. I do see that there was quite a bit of activity 4-7 years ago, but not a lot going on lately from what I can find. It seems that everything that I find is people making them, have them move a little, and that is it. I am hoping to do a bit more with mine. I would like to set up two arms eventually and have the arms pick up custom made pens and put them in packaging tubes. I’d have one arm pick up the pen and one pick up the tube and they will hopefully meet in the middle and the pen will be placed in the tube.

This task was the springboard for this build, but I am hoping to get even more out of it. Anyway, I am just trying to find some online communities that are involved in this build and want to see if there is anyone alive out there. I have already ran into a few issues, like cutting the timing belts too short because of some bad information on an Instructibles I found. Does anyone have any more build videos? Or any videos or information for that matter? :grinning:

Hi @KSchuler79!

The BCN3D MOVEO is a fun DIY project, but for practical operations, such as packaging, it simply is not reliable enough. Also, when you factor in the electronics and the filament, it is more expensive than you might think. I recommend looking around and seeing if a robotic arm like the UFACTORY uArm Swift Pro would work for your application. This is a 4-axis robot, but you may be able to add another motor to the effector to twist it for picking up the pens.