Another large format pellet printer!

@DannyJay sorry for the inconvenience. I unflagged both posts. I have not had the system do that before.

With the way my printer is now configured (mirrored Y-axes motors and dual x-axes), it was impossible for me to PID tune the motors independently. I apologize, but I don’t have my PID values for the old configuration. I ended up switching to Assisted Open Loop mode. You can read more about it here (scroll to the bottom). My motion has actually been smoother with the open-loop assist and you still get the stall and motor fault detection, which is what was most important to me with a closed-loop system.

@Dr.D-Flo Nevermind then, I wasn’t able to tune my Z motors because of that as well. I just punched in some rough estimates from the other axis, raised the error threshold until it stfu and it seems fine. Runs awfully conservative anyways at 25 acc and 10mm/sec or so. Good enough though, it’s just a heavy bed. I already don’t like the harsh stop when bed probing, you can see it bounce slightly when the probe touches and it slams the brakes.

I already forgot that you went another way with your drive setup. I really like the closed loop setup so it just catches up in case steps get lost on the way. I’d rather have it not error out unattended after a slight inconvenience you know